Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19th: California and Oregon

August 19th: 
I left Fresno early - 3am - heading north. It became clear to me that though the northern coast along California and Oregon was beautiful, I was drawn to the desert on this leg of the journey. So I decided to stay inland along the desert and dry lands of California and Oregon.


Three hours later, I stopped at a viewpoint over a lake to drink coffee and watch the sunrise. A sticker bush was bothering me at the spot I sat. And then I realized that the sticker bush has as much right to this spot as I did. And a truth became clear. My writing two days ago was a rationality - true and insensitive, and illusion. Our lives are both "little flickers of light" and the universe. The dream and truth, both. Laughing and crying, both.


No comments:

Post a Comment