Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 11th and 12th: Natan, Tel Aviv and Akko

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted to my blog. Access to a computer is extremely limited where I am at right now.

Bold Natan, Khalif and Rachel (another junior coach)

July 11th: Last photos of Tel Aviv, before I headed to the airport to pick up Natan and Khalif.

Mural in Tel Aviv

Cool house with little figurines hanging all over it

Last Tel Aviv photo - laundry

I picked Natan and Khalif up at the airport and we headed to Akko for the Ultimate Peace camp, which officially stared for coaches the next day. It was so great to see Natan (after 11 months). He has changed so much. He is now taller than me. When we got to Manof school in Acco, the boys were so exhausted, they fell asleep before dinner.

Brodie, Rachel, Khalif, Natan, and Hannah

July 12: The next day people started showing up. I took the five assistant coaches to the old city of Acco for a little exploring.

Akko is a beautiful, old Crusader city

Sorry folks, I know no history at this time to share with you, but it is still cool to look at.

It is right on the sea


Acco is a mixed city where Israeli Muslims and Jews live together.

Natan and Khalif

A lot of good laundry shots in Acco



Tomorrow the local coaches come - they are from Israeli Jewish and Muslim communities, and Palestinians from the West Bank

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I don't remember Acco very well (since it's been 26 years since I was last there...), but I do kind of remember that we went to a Yemenite restaurant that we liked.

    Has Natan gotten sunglasses yet? He didn't find any here that he wanted and thought he might get some there...

    ReplyDelete