Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17th: Inshaalah

"Inshaalah" is my favorite Arabic expression, meaning, "God willing." It is used as a response to anything from, "See you tomorrow," to "I hope all people can live together peacefully."

Nadin, my new friend

Nadin, our Arabic translator, told me that she used to be very shy. "But at university, living with another person, you have to learn to talk together. In university was the first time I spoke Hebrew to a Jew."

I don"t know who they are except that they are better at Ultimate than yesterday

Dancing the Dbke (Palestinian folk dance)

I watched Jewish and Arab coaches sitting together in the dining room. I don"t know what they were saying, but they were all laughing.
At free time yesterday Jewish and Arab kids chose to pass the frisbee together.
The only teenage girl here wearing a hijab (head scarf) is a "kick-ass" ping pong player.

If it could always be like this, where it doesn't matter where you are from
Where all our stereotypes are broken

talking together
playing together
laughing together

Inshaalah

Khalif through the door window

No comments:

Post a Comment