Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/7: Cherating

My breakfast spot - I found this little warung right on the beach. Every morning I order "Kuew Teow dengan dua telor mata sapi dan kopi susu es," which means "wide rice noodles with two fried eggs (mata sapi, or fried eggs sunny side up, translates literally to "cow eyes") and ice coffee with milk.

Monday night I had a delicious dinner of squid in chili sauce ($2). Last night I found a fresh seafood restaurant where you buy the seafood by weight and then they cook it for you. I had an even more delicious dinner of Malaysian fried prawns ($3). I will go back to the seafood restaurant tonight and try their squid in curry sauce. Yum!

really low tide - so I am still here, but I'm afraid that I have to leave tomorrow, for I have a plane to catch and a country to see (it is very different traveling with an "end date") Tomorrow I will take a bus to the far northeast corner of Malaysia to Kuala Terrengganu, and then Perhentian island.

I went on a three hour walk on the beach this morning. The beach goes on and on.

Every day, every moment, every event, there are lessons, sometimes obvious and sometimes hidden. By the way I react and interact, by my thoughts, intentions, feelings and actions, I learn about myself. Rabbi Ted said that at each moment we can curse or bless. That is our choice.

I am reading two books now - A Simple Guide to Islam, and I just started Brida, by Paulo Coelho.

Quote from Brida by Paulo Coelho:
Gardeners always recognize each other, because they know that in the history of each plant lies the growth of the whole world. (p. 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment