Thursday, October 29, 2009

10/28: Last Day in McCleod Ganj

My last day in McCleod Ganj I went for a four hour walk to the village of Nandi.


I met this amazing Israeli woman named Renana. She explained to me that my Hebrew name, Mayor, means "the one who shines light," which is a really nice aspiration. She also translated my favorite song from the Israeli group, Sheva:
"If the gates are closed
then God will open it,
Please my God be generous with me."
I went with Renana to the third day of an Indian wedding, then we walked the 2 hours back to McCleod Ganj along dark, winding roads with mountain lions, yetis, and other creatures roaring in the distance (or maybe cows and motorcycles, who knows). One of the nicest things about traveling is when two worlds intersect in a very special way.

The lessons/inspirations I received from the two Israeli women in the last week:
"You don't have to look so hard. Everything is coming to you."
"Help me to open the door to my heart"

Renana ("like banana" she explained to help me to remember her name) and me

My last light in McCleod Ganj from the Dalai Lama's Monastery

No comments:

Post a Comment