Thursday, October 1, 2009

Trekking Day 3: Landruk to Chomrong

I shall not fear what ever comes next, but embrace it, for that is all there is - the next step.

Every step along the way was essential to get me to this place. They were all necessary, all valuable.

Sunrise from Landruk



This was one of the most difficult days - down to the river, up to the top of the mountain, then down to the next river, and back up, over and over again. Many rivers, many steps.



Mike and Sibani from Washington DC


Noah at one of the many bridges



I found a walking stick to help support my knees on all the steps. At the next village, where we stopped for tea, and old man saw my stick. He took out his machete, and started cutting off the edges and rough spots. As he was stripping off the bark, he noticed something, threw my stick away, and came back with a gift of his own stick, already nicely trimmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment