Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5th in Delhi

Modern School Every day at work in the Modern School one of the employees finds me, carrying a cup of chai for me.

Three times a day I go to the dining hall. They know I can't drink the water, so three times a day a worker brings me bottled water to where I am sitting.

Every morning when I wake up and walk down the two flights of stairs from my little apartment, there are two dogs laying on the door mats of the two rooms below me. I asked the head of the hostel about them. He told me that they are stray dogs. "There is nothing we can do about them." So they feed the dogs from the kitchen leftovers.

I went on a two hour walk yesterday that I think only I could like. It was congested with people and traffic, smog, dirt, heat, exhaust fumes, horns and dirt. There were no beautiful sites along the walk, just dumps, open sewage, and construction sites.

But there is some magic in this country which I cannot explain.

Maybe there is magic everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment