Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9th

Amy Peterson, if you are still reading my blog, this picture is for you. Samantha, JoAnn, Christy and me

Samantha, a friend of a friend, had been traveling in India and saw from my blog that I was in Delhi when she was going to be there to meet her friends Joanne and Christy. They are heading to Nepal and had questions, and I was happy to meet them. We had a very nice afternoon, and then went out to dinner together. This was my first conversation with Westerners in almost a week.
Modern school is hosting 15 schools from 10 different countries. I have met teachers now from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, the Ukraine, Mexico, India, Pakistan and the U.S. Here we all are on a site-seeing tour of Qutbminar in Delhi. It was built in 1192, and was the first Islamic dynasty in India.

My new friends from Malaysia, Rashidah and Zuriani

Humayun's tomb, built in the 16th century, and was the model for the Taj Mahal, built some time later.

1 comment: