Monday, December 21, 2009

12/21: Udaipur day 2

Udaipur is a beautiful city, supposedly "the most romantic city in all of India." It was founded in 1559 by Maharani Udai Singh II as she fled the Mughal Emperor Akbar. A lake and river divide the city east and west. I am staying on the east side, in the old city. Small roads wind there way up the hill to Jagdish Vishnu Temple. I decided to splurge a little and took a room in a guest house right on the lake. My window opens up to a beautiful view of the lake. Though I have no balcony, there is a large deck right above the lake. The room costs $6, instead of the usual $4 I have been paying. I haven't done much at all in the time I have been here. The view from my guest house is so nice I haven't had the urge to move at all. I will be here for a while, so I have time to see the city.

View at sunrise from my guesthouse deck

Lake side of Udaipur

No comments:

Post a Comment