Friday, January 1, 2010

1/1 from Junagadh

7:30AM: Driving east towards Junagadh
I caught the 7AM bus. The sun is a few degrees above the horizon. The haze in the air allows me to see the sun so clearly, like a huge, orange moon. What an amazing thing.

Maybe what makes some moments special is appreciation - when we do not take for granted the miracle of this existence.

Is it possible to take a break each day for just one moment, and appreciate it for what it is?

What inspires appreciation. A unique or out-or-the-ordinary experience is one thing, like right now I am watching a man on his cart being pulled by a camel on this fairly good highway. But there is also a choice of blessing - choosing to view this moment with an understanding of the miracle that life is. Choosing to be part of the moment with the totality of our being - all our senses, our total presence, right here right now. Just for a moment.

Junagadh street scene

View of the village behind the fort

View from the rooftop of my guest house

Entrance to the fort

Temple in the fort

P.S. I added pictures to my previous post

2 comments:

  1. appreciation
    the miracle of existence
    the miracle that life is

    being a part of
    this moment

    with all our senses
    all our presence
    right here
    right now


    The bright warm sun shines shines through my window,
    bathing me in its caress

    The day emerging with gentle music
    family members scattered in the kitchen
    a dog tag jangles down the hall

    the abundance of blessings are astonishing
    the gratitude is deep.

    Thank you, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Thank YOU, Ashley. You turned my ramblings into art. Love R

    ReplyDelete