Saturday, January 2, 2010

1/2: Temple Complex on Mount Girnar

There is a temple complex at about 3800 steps. I entered, but turned around, not wanting o deal with the minor hassle of taking off then putting back on my sweaty socks. Then a priest ran after me, saying that I must see the temple. I am so happy he did that. It was one of the most amazing temple complexes (unfortunately, no photos from the inside), and built two thirds up this mountain, no less.

As I was sitting outside the temple complex drinking chai, I ran into the Arizona couple from yesterday. They did the same thing as me (when in then turned around), so I got to play the role of priest and tell them they most go inside. I saw them later up the mountain, and they were so happy they went back in as well.

Temple complex with Junagadh far below



No comments:

Post a Comment